Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Year in Review

Jim said I should make a year in review post, so here it is. Some things that happened in 2006:

I did about half of my MA.

I visited the following places: Holland, Grand Rapids, Brighton, Ann Arbor and Lansing MI; Atlanta GA and areas in and around Athens, Columbia and Charleston SC, Sioux Falls SD, San Antonio TX, Los Angeles CA

I started dating Jim. Generally considered a good decision.

I started to be involved in worship planning at my church. A fulfilling and exciting activity.

I had mono, and spent about a month teaching for an hour a day and watching videos.

I learned how to cook a lot of new things (thanks Jim)

Those are a few of the major events, anyway. I also met some great new people, deepened friendships with old ones. 2006 was the first entire year I spent in my own apartment and not living with my parents (I did visit them though). It also featured the most air travel of my entire life thus far. I turned 23, that was cool. I fell in love with Barak Obama, just like everyone else. I got excited that democrats regained the house. I read a lot of NYtimes, and sometimes I commented on this blog.

Some of my friends got engaged and some got married. One of my cousins got married.

All in all, 2006 was a good year. I only hope 2007 is equally good, as I look ahead to new challenges and joys. I’m writing this post from Jim’s apartment in LA, who knows where I will be a year from now. Hopefully working on my PhD somewhere.

I hope all of you, dear readers, also had a good and fulfilling 2006 and I wish you an even better 2007.

2 comments:

kwpershey said...

Hey, if you ever want to get together while you're in LA, I live in the county.

Happy New Year!

Morgan said...

Hey, the classic year in review post from one of my favorite bloggers. I'm in the process of writing my own right now. It's kind of depressing. I don't know if I just didn't do anything last year, or if I did, I just can't remember.