I gave up my moratorium on memes to do the book one, and now I've been tagged by Shelly to talk about my quirks. Since Shelly constitutes a fair percentage of my small audience and I like talking about how quirky I am, here I go with 5 quirks:
1) I finally gave up on trying to learn to flip my pen like a debater this year after 7 years of trying intermittently.
2) I like to buy my stamps at the post office counter so that I can get the limited edition designs. Right now I have superheroes. I hope the recipients of my bills and letters notice.
3) Half of the time I'm looking at Facebook and Myspace I'm trying to figure out what other people do for hours on there.
4) I wanted to be a writer since I was 4 or 5 years old and started working on my first novel by typing on my parents' apple II. I never finished it.
5) When I was in High School my friends and I played a game called "word of the week" which was a contest to see who could use the designated word the most during the week. Some of those words showed up on the GRE, and I felt smug.
I'm sure my friends could think of quirkier things that I forgot are quirky, but there's some.