Monday, January 17, 2005

spaceships

I really didn't intend for this blog to be a platform for my poetry, but I appreciate having a place with the possibility for, but not the requirement of feedback.
Over Christmas break my sister's boyfriend said "if you've got it, flaunt it... information about deer I mean." And so, in that tradition, I guess I am now saying "if you've got it, flaunt it.... new poems that still require tweaking I mean."
on an unrelated note, We figured out how to add links to templates today. I feel very savvy.

On Spaceships

Somehow those structures –
bits of metal, plastic, titanium and velcro –
Make it all the way into the sky.
Past the sky,
And bring us along.
They let some soar higher than
we thought anyone could.

And down below the rest of us
Dream and wonder
And eat, or try to find things to eat
And squabble and cry and sometimes pray.

And hope for a day when we
Catch up to ourselves.
When all of us
will fly higher
than we knew was possible.

No comments: